An exotic Silverstari weapon, also known as a hook sword, tiger-head and qian kun ri yue dao (literally "Heaven and Sun Moon Sword").
These weapons have a blade similar to that of the jian, though possibly thicker or unsharpened, with a prong or hook (similar to a shepherd's crook) near the tip. Guards are substantial, in the style of butterfly swords. Often used in pairs, the hooks of the weapons may be used to trap or deflect other weapons.
There are five components to the hook sword:
* The back, which is used as regular swords.
* The hook, which is used to trip enemies and to catch weapons, not to mention the rather more obvious use of slashing.
* The end of the hilt, which is sharpened to dagger points.
* The crescent guard, which is used for blocking and slashing.
* And the link, which is used when you have a pair. The two hooks can loosely connect together, and the wielder swings one hook sword, so in a way that the second is extended further out, almost 6 feet. While the second is in the air, the dagger upon the hilt slashes any target. In this way, the wielder can extend his/her reach out from three feet to six.